THE MORRISON GOVERNMENT’S YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE PREVENTION PLAN FOR BONNER
The Morrison Government’s plan to deliver a stronger economy means we can invest in essential services such as youth mental health and suicide prevention.
“The tragedy of youth suicide touches far too many families in our community,” said Ross Vasta Federal Member for Bonner.
Mr Vasta welcomed the Morrison Government’s $503.1 million Youth Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan which is focussed on protecting the lives and mental wellbeing of young Australians.
“This represents the single largest investment in youth suicide prevention in the country’s history, as part of our record investment of $4.8 billion in mental health services,” said Mr Vasta.
Our Plan includes:
- Expanding the headspace network from 115 to 145 sites and increasing its funding to more than $120 million per year to help with wait times and improve services.
- Supporting Beyond Blue with $98.6 million for the Mental Health in Education initiative,
Be You and Head to Health, the award-winning digital mental health gateway.
- Partnering with Indigenous communities to address mental health and suicide prevention.
- Supporting rural communities by providing psychological services via videoconferencing, by additional funding for communities affected by natural disasters, and ensuring help is available 24/7, through free online or telephone services.
- Providing $1.45 billion to Primary Health Networks for mental health services and creating new adult mental health centres to provide advice and support over extended hours.
- Investing in ground breaking medical research through our $125 million Millions Minds Mission.
“The Morrison Government’s strong economic management means we can deliver the essential services that keep families in Bonner safe and well,” said Mr Vasta.