Statement from Prime MInister- “Building a Stronger Australia”
This weekend marks one year since the Australian people entrusted the Coalition with the job of building a stronger Australia.
Since then we have been working to deliver on our commitments to you and to make decisions that are in the best long-term interests of our country.
Our focus has been on building a strong, prosperous economy and a safe and secure Australia.
We’re making progress:
· The Carbon Tax is gone;
· The boats are stopping;
· Our record $50 billion roads and infrastructure programme is underway;
· The Mining Tax has been abolished;
· We’ve given environmental approvals to major new projects worth over $800 billion;
· We’re boosting exports and jobs with Free Trade Agreements with two of our major trading partners;
· We’re reducing Government debt and getting the Budget back under control;
· And importantly, 109,000 new jobs have been created since the end of last year.
These achievements are just the start. You can read more here.
As a nation, we’ve also faced serious challenges in the past year because of the increasingly uncertain world in which we live.
Uncertainty in Syria, Iraq and Ukraine and the rise of violent extremism has tested Australia, as it has other nations.
In an increasingly uncertain world, we are determined to keep our nation safe and secure.
Over the next two years, the Government will continue its work building a stronger economy because that means more jobs and prosperity.
We’ll be building roads, protecting the vulnerable, ending rip-offs, fixing the Budget and ensuring our country is safe and secure.