Green Camp Road Corridor Upgrade
I am pleased to present the details design for the Green Camp Corridor Upgrade at Wakerley. Construction is expected to start mid-2018 (after the Commonwealth Games) and be completed in mid-2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
The upgrade involves:
- providing a minimum of two through lanes in each direction on Green Camp Road from Manly Road to approximately 180m past the Rickertt Road intersection
- providing three through lanes on the Green Camp Road northbound carriageway adjacent to the Tilley Road intersection
- signalising the Green Camp Road and Tilley Road approach to provide one left-turn lane and one right-turn lane
- providing two through lanes on Rickertt Road in each direction for 200m from the Green Camp Road intersection
- widening the Rickertt Road approach to provide a seperate left-turn lane and two right-turn lanes
- raising the road level and upgrading the existing culverts under the Green Camp Road and Tilley Road intersection to improve drainage and flood immunity to a one percent annual excedance probability (1 in 100 year probability of a flood occurrence)
- providing on-road cycle lanes and off-road shared paths
- providing fauna crossing facilities, fauna fencing and wildlife awareness zones
- providing improved pedestrian footpath connections
- a new car park 250m north of Green Camp Road and Tilley Road intersection for visitors to Green Camp Road Park
- landscaping treatments.
Temporary Closure of Tilley Road
A temporary full-time closure of the section of Tilley Road adjacent to the Green Camp Road intersection will be in place for approximately three months. This closure will assist to complete the culvert installation works and Tilley Road widening within a compressed construction timeframe, reducing construction costs. Detour signage will be provided and residents and road users will be advised in advance to plan alternative routes.
Please see below map for the proposed detour route.
- green road pavement markings and signage alerting motorists that they are entering a wildlife awareness zone
- speed activated slow down signs (similar to those in school zones)
- fauna exclusion fencing that will direct fauna to new dedicated underpasses or arboreal fauna crossings (rope crossings) to limit access to the road and reduce vehicle strikes
- glider poles to assist gliding mammals to cross the road dedicated fauna ledges and shelves in the culverts to allow dry passage during normal and slightly elevated flow conditions
- installation of fish baffles and low flow passages in and between the Tilley Road and Green Camp Road culverts to provide improved fish passage
- revegetation to restore and enhance the surrounding bushland and parklands.
For more information
Phone the project team on 1800 290 832 (during business hours)
Phone Council on 3403 8888 (after hours)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for project updates
Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search for 'Green Camp Road corridor upgrade'
Green Camp Road corridor upgrade project team
City Projects Office, Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434, Brisbane QLD 4001